Mirena Extension Trial
This study plans to look at use of Mirena intrauterine device (IUD) for contraception past its current 5-year FDA approval length through 8 years. Studies have shown that the Mirena is safe and effective to use beyond 5 years.
You may be eligible if:
- You currently use a Mirena for birth control
- You are a woman between the ages of 18 to 33
- You have been using the same Mirena for at least 4.5 years
- You are willing to use the study drug as your main form of contraception
- You are sexually active with a male partner
- You will be compensated up to $1,838 for your time and travel if you choose to participate
- You will only be compensated for study visits you complete
- Department of Ob/Gyn, University of Pennsylvania
- For more details and to find out if you’re eligible, please complete our online pre-screener
- You can also reach the research coordinator at 215-662-2622.