About the Center
Kurt Barnhart, MD, MSCE
Women's Health Clinical Research Center
The goal of the Center for Clinical Research is to promote collaboration amongst Department faculty, as well as across the University, in our mission to continue carrying out the highest quality clinical research in women's health.
This Center is designed to provide an infrastructure to assist experienced as well as new investigators in the implementation and conduct of clinical research. In particular, the Center will have the following resources to aid investigators:
- Assessment of the needs to conduct a clinical research project. This will include assistance in identifying research opportunities, submitting grant applications, budgeting projects, and identifying research personnel. Assistance in supervision and oversight of clinical research conducted within the Center including:
- Assistance in communication with regulatory offices within the University including Office of Regulatory Affairs and Office of Human Research. Assistance in IRB preparation, continuing renewals, amendments and adverse event reporting. Assistance in setting up a study binder and understanding the needs of study monitoring.
- Support in the conduct of a study which includes:
- Assistance in identification of the appropriate study design to address a study question.
- Biostatistical support for pilot or investigator initiated projects. Editorial support for grant applications, abstracts, and manuscripts.